THE INDIAN THALI DHAMAKA AT ibis BENGALURU OUTER RING ROAD | AN EXPERIENCE

It is believed that every 50 km of India, the food differs in its taste and every foodie would be able to realise it. Whenever you travel across India or even in your own city, you sometimes would love to indulge yourselves in a full-fledged meal cooked with the native flavours of the region. Sometimes, India's regional thalis pep up the tired you and turns out to be not just a visual treat but also a full-filling treat to your tummy. Right?  For all the thali lovers who just wanna sort out their lunch/dinner with a hearty combination of rice, dal, curries, sabzi, desserts in all one plate, here's mouth-watering news for you all. ibis Bengaluru Outer Ring Road is hosting a lip-smacking food festival called as "Thalis Of India", aimed to give a cultural exploration for their patrons and they have mostly covered the quintessential thalis of India. 


From Rajasthan to Bengal, Andhra to Punjab,  the platter has the perfect assortment of regional dishes. This Indian Thali Dhamaka is on till the 31st of January and the best part is the thalis are priced very reasonably. Yup! The non-veg thali is just Rs.699 + taxes and veg thali is Rs.599 + taxes. Am sure this is making you happy. 


The distinctive personalities of "Spice It" - a buffet counter, a tipsy bar, a small game spot, cosy couches to become a couch potato, seating for couple/groups all in a very Scandinavian inspired interior. Thanks to the profusion of sunlight that makes the place look so charmful. I should say, the ambience is so soul-soothing and dining here will be quite an experience that will feed your soul. 


 



 


Coming back to the food part, The Crumb Stash was so lucky enough to indulge in their Bengali Thali and trust me guys, it was so damn good! Bengali cuisine is something that I have explored less, so I choose to binge on some yummy Bengali food and legit I lost my mind over the delicacies served in the thali. 


Kickstarted the culinary extravaganza with the Aam Pora Sorbet and then indulged in Fish cutlet, Posto vada, Aloo Jhuri Bhaja




The main course had all the favourite dishes from the Bengal region and looking at those small katoris filled with luscious curries all plated in one platter was a visual treat. 



I first pulled out the luchi that popped out brightly in the thali and paired it with Aloo Dum. The combination is a huge favourite every Bengalis would love to binge on and now even I am a fan of this combo. 



There was Sukto, Sonali Bhaja, Moong Dal, Rahu Kalia, Chicken Rezala, Golbari Kosha Mangsho, Bengali Sweet Pulao and Ghee Bhat that literally gave me food coma. 




While the tastebuds were getting pampered with all these delicacies, Sourav, the F&B manager spoke so many beautiful stories of Bengalis and their culture. He also told me that Bengali's have certain chutney's as desserts and I was like whaaatttt??? I tasted the Tomato Khajur chutney and I shamelessly went up to 3 bowls of it. Once I get the recipe of this from the chef, will share it with you guys too. 


Finished off the thali with the mandatory desserts Rasogolla and  Mishti Doi.  


Misti Paan and Mouri served as the best mouth fresheners. 



"Thali's Of India" festival is on till the 31st of January and I am telling you, don't don't miss this feast guys. It's a wholesome experience. Go try it out and thank me later! 


Meet the team - In the pic Rishabh (Marketing & Communications Manager), Chef Basu and his team. 


Venue: SpiceIt, ibis Bengaluru Outer Ring Road

Indulge Before : 31st January

26th - 28th Jan  - Andhra Thali 
29th - 31st Jan  - Punjabi Thali

Price: 
Veg Thali - Rs.599 + taxes
Non-Veg Thali - Rs.699 + taxes






















Comments

  1. It seems like it had been a wonderful experience. I am sad to have missed it but will certainly catch the next edition.
    Noor Anand Chawla

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been a nice experience over there eating some nice food. Food looks so yummy and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure it was a one of a kind experience to be present at the Thali food festival and taste the delectable dishes offered in the thali.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indian thali is something I always look forward to where ever I go for dining out. One thali has so many things to enjoy. I have been to Ibis once and its definetly amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I would have attended the event. The thali looks so yummy and there is so much variety with delicious stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food is looking so delicious and mouth watering. And the place is quite spacious and with good decor. I would love to try all the dishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. The thali festival at Ibis looks to be a gourmet affair. Personally I love to try thalis from different regions as it gives a taste for local flavor. Ambience is super.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts