FLAVORS OF SRILANKA @ MOMO CAFE - COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT, BELLANDUR

When you think of Srilanka, you normally think of clean, white sanded idyllic looking beaches, palm trees leaning over water, beautiful sceneries, an incredible sunset, laid-back villages, rice fields, tea plantations, the heady aroma of cinnamon, religious sites and above all the fantastic and lip-smacking food. I know, with our hectic work schedules it's not that easy to travel to this paradise, But what if you get to indulge in that above all lip-smacking Srilankan food at a calm and posh place? that too curated by a very famous food writer and a Srilankan food expert Priya Bala. Yup! Momo Cafe at Courtyard by Marriott, Bellandur branch decided to give us all a little refreshing break with a yummy Srilankan food tour. It started on September 3rd and it's on till the September 14th and the buffet is priced at Rs.1475 + taxes.


Momo Cafe has always been my favorite place to go whenever I need some my time. May it be a coffee/club sandwich at midnight or their hearty buffets, it's been one of my most liked places. This time I am super-excited to bring to you all the celebration and flavors of Srilanka. Two weeks of yummy Srilankan food from the most loved Pol Sambol to Srilankan Pumpkin Curry to Chicken Kuruma to Idiyappams(string-hoppers) to Watalappam, the famous food writer silently did a marvel in the kitchen along with the Executive Chef Sudhir Nair. Priya Bala and the entire team deserves a big round of applause for taking us all through a culinary trip down to Srilanka. 👏👏


With just two more days left for you all to indulge in this Srilankan food affair, let me quickly take you all on a super-pumping virtual trip there. Momo Cafe was decked up with auspicious thoranams and we were welcomed by the Buddha and elephant statues and a magnificent Kuthuvizhakku decorated with jasmine and looked like a beautiful peacock.





The festival had a range of exclusive and delectable food like the Fish Cutlets, Seeni Sambol Patties, Pol Sambol, Banana Flower Salad, Roasted Tomato Salad, Raw Banana Curry, Mackerel Curry,  Chicken Kuruma and not to forget the mandatory Srilankan Pumpkin Curry. For a person like me who loves coconut in milk form or paste form, Srilankan food is definitely a bliss. I  kick-started the evening with Fish Cutlets, a deep fried and a crunchy delicious short-eats.

Fish Cutlets 

Seeni Sambol Patties



With all the excitement, moved on to the Sambol and the Idiyappams which I eyed for a long time. Pol Sambol is a traditional Srilankan condiment prepared with fresh coconut, dry red chilies, onion etc. Usually, Srilankans add the dry fish to it while grinding, but this one had no fish in it so that the vegetarians can also try. Trust me, Guys! Pol Sambol and Idiyappam(string-hoppers) is a match made in heaven.

Pol Sambol and Idiyappams

I must tell the Banana Flower Salad stirred the salad-love in me. It's one dish which will stay in my heart forever.


Coming to the curries, Srilankan style chicken kuruma made with coconut milk and mild spices was so yum that I even went for seconds.


 The thick, creamy and rich Srilankan Pumpkin Curry had a burst of flavors and was a winner for everyone.


Raw Banana Curry

 All the curries and sambol went amazingly well with Idiyappams and the Yellow Rice, a special Srilankan rice cooked in coconut milk and whole spices.


Coconut milk, cinnamon and jaggery being an integral part of the Srilankan cuisine, there was also this famous and traditional egg-based dessert called as Watalappam that roared loudly and probably the best among all the Srilankan food festivals I had been too. The coffee jelly topped with whipped cream was also there to relish on.

Watalappam - This magic will truly excite you 

Overall, it was a fantastic and an absolutely lip-smacking culinary trip down to Srilanka and I hope this Srilankan food festival has captured your hearts rightly as it did to me!.










Comments

  1. Wow this looks so delicious and I wish I cud be at that place enjoying this food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks so mouthwatering and the interior is great... Will love to visit the place to enjoy all delicious foods

    ReplyDelete
  3. The patter looks super tempting. I stay very close to belendur, I am going to check out this weekend and stuff myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, I never knew much about srilankan cuisines. The team and chef did every justice to the food it seems. Looks quite delectable

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in Sri Lanka, 2 months back, wish I knew about this cafe. It looks very beautiful , friendly and welcoming. The food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food is looking delicious and made me feel hungry . The ambiance of the hotel is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Momo Cafe looks has a pretty interior and those fish cutlets made me drool over them. Also with this article I got to know many things about Sri Lankan food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Blog. Thanks for sharing. Airavatha residency is a Hotels in Mysore road, Bangalore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you. Airavatha Residency offers a excellent facilities to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts